There is no single type of dental implant. Much like cars, electronics, or other consumer products, dental implants come in all sorts of makes and models. Dentists will use different products based on what they believe will best meet their patients’ needs. At Gruene Family Dental, we’re happy to say that we use Straumann dental implants in New Braunfels to resolve all severities of tooth loss. Whether you’re missing single, multiple or all of your teeth, you can reap many benefits by using this system.
What are Straumann Dental Implants?
Dental implants are made from exceptional materials designed to fuse with organic matter such as bone and soft tissue. Most of the Straumann dental implants are made from a proprietary compound known as Roxolid®, a metal designed by Straumann to be not just extremely durable, but offer higher strength than pure titanium.
Furthermore, Straumann’s long line of dental implants can resolve a variety of concerns based on your unique circumstances. For example, while the Straumann BLX is ideal for most treatment cases, the Straumann TLX is better for those in need of a one-stage process (i.e. bone graft and placement in the same procedure). They also offer dental implants specifically designed for dentures for more severe levels of tooth loss as well as more natural options made from high-performance zirconia material.
Benefits of Choosing Straumann Dental Implants
There are several benefits that come with Straumann dental implants, including the following:
- Optimal Reliability – The materials used in Straumann dental implants are high-performance and 100% proof tested, so you can expect them to keep up with your active lifestyle and diet.
- Enhanced Esthetics – Thanks to these enhanced materials, no one will be able to tell that you have dental implants. They are designed to blend in exactly with your neighboring teeth (if applicable) and keep the shape of your jawbone intact.
- Better Integration: The surfaces of the Straumann dental implants are carefully prepared in order to fuse smoothly with the tissues in your jaw, ensuring better long-term integration.
- Added Flexibility: No matter what number of teeth you are missing, Straumann dental implants can be used to completely restore your smile.
- Long-Lasting: Straumann dental implants are capable of lasting for the rest of your life, something they can easily do as long as you take care of them day-to-day.
If you’re interested in replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you’ll want to give our office a call to set up your first consultation. From there, we can determine if treatment is right for you!
About the Author
Dr. Kim Turnbow is a native Texan with over a decade of experience in the dental field. She partners with local experts to ensure the most comprehensive tooth replacement process possible and is prepared to sit down with you one-on-one to discuss your needs. To schedule an appointment with her, you can contact her office through her website.